Monday, April 6, 2009

Week 10 -- Is it Really Week 10 Already?

I'm a quarter of the way done! It's hard to believe, but time is simultaneously flying by at a steady clip and crawling by one day at a time. I have learned some things this past week:

1. Waiting until I'm really hungry and then eating a ton of food is a bad, BAD idea and I will pay for it the rest of the day and into the night.

2. Fittingly, the Bagel loooooooves bagels and cream cheese. I have a sesame bagel just about every day at work. I've been eating the veggie cream cheese so I can trick myself into wanting to eat vegetables.

3. I should have bought more yarn for the baby blanket I'm knitting. I'm not running out yet, but I will before I'm finished. I'm working on getting more. Oops.

This week, the Bagel is now a fetus rather than an embryo and is the size of a prune (really? no comment). Bones and cartilage are forming and knees and ankles are forming. Tooth buds are forming under the gums. If Bagel is a boy, he's already producing testosterone. So if I have a beard at passover, we can probably safely guess the sex.

The placenta is now producing progesterone, so that means today is my last day taking my progesterone supplements. I'm a touch nervous about stopping the supplements, so wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! Everything will be fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think JuLo may have let the bagel out of the bag on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think she outed me. It reads like he's the one who'll be drinking the most anyway, which let's be honest, ain't far from the truth.

    ReplyDelete