Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Week 9 -- I'm a Bloodhound

Seriously. My sense of smell is ridiculously fine tuned at this point. For the most part, it's just gross, especially on a crowded bus. I've decided which superpower I would not like to have.

This week the Bagel is the size of a green olive. It's fitting that we're into cocktail garnishes, because I just had a dream last night that I forgot I was pregnant and drank a bunch of beer. It's a common nightmare scenario for me. I'm sure it won't be the last time I have that dream.

The Bagel is also starting to form tiny muscles. I just hope s/he doesn't like to kick her/his mama too much.

In appointment updates, my next OB appointment is on April 14th. We might be able to hear the heartbeat! Also, I've got my NT scan scheduled for April 22nd. That's when we'll find out if there are any chromosomal abnormalities like Down Syndrome. I'll keep everyone updated on those.

4 comments:

  1. Did you reschedule your appt so now you might be able to find out the sex early? That would be exciting.

    Hm, sense of smell eh? That's a new one for me. Ew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I actually had the dates backwards, so I didn't even need to reschedule it. It should be late enough that they can give us the sex. It won't be 100%, like 80% for sure or something. But I can live with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you call the baby Bagel I have some suggestions for names. Let me know which one you will use

    1) Robert Asiago
    2) Sesame Poppy

    and my personal favorite

    3) Johnny Pumpernickel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah...I'm gonna go with none of those. Though Sesame Poppy does have a nice ring to it. But only if we insist that it's pronounced Se-SAME.

    ReplyDelete