Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Week 13 -- The End of an Era

Ok, not an era, but a trimester. In two days, I'll officially be in my second trimester. Yay Bagel! The best part of this trimester coming to an end is that I popped last week, so I'm really starting to look pregnant, rather than just weirdly bloated.

I got my NT scan results back today and the Bagel is "within the normal risk range." That means the chances of Bagel having Down Syndrome or Trisomy 18 or 13 are less than 1 in 10,000. The test is 85% accurate. So that puts my mind 85% at ease.

My morning sickness is basically gone (woohoo!) at this point. Unfortunately, my allergies have been KILLING me this week. Thankfully, it started raining today and will continue for the next few days, which should make me feel somewhat better. I never thought I'd want it to rain this badly.

I started my first prenatal yoga class yesterday, which was wonderful. It's interesting to see women in different stages of pregnancy and hear what all they're going through at the time. The instructor was really knowledgeable about poses that are helpful for labor and for aches and pains now. She did a bunch of stuff that was great for my sciatica.

And how big is the Bagel this week? A peach! Great, now I want a peach. The Bagel is forming teeth and vocal cords. I read that the intestines originally form in the umbilical cord, and this week, they're moving up into Bagel's stomach. Ewwww.

6 comments:

  1. Ewww! I didn't know that factoid about the intestines. Icky!

    Congrats on almost being in your second trimester! *points to stomach* There's a baby in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll assume you're pointing to MY stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I loved prenatal yoga -- did it with Gaby and I did the moves that I remembered with Chloe without the class. I left feeling like I had just had a massage and my back felt great. It will have much more meaning to you in a few months when you are bigger. Post a pic of your baby belly! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. D- can't figure out how to post with my name ... but assume you know who it is! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, yeah, i know who it is. IT'S CARRIE EVERYONE! :p

    we did take a belly pic earlier this week, which i look terrible in. i'll consider posting it later tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm sure you look gorgeous. Anyway, it's a digital camera - take more until you get one you like! :p

    (And yes, I was pointing to YOUR tummy. Ain't nothing but lunch in mine. ;p)

    Carrie, directly under the comment box there's a "comment as" drop down box. If you have a google account, you can link to that, or you can select name/url, and just enter your name. :)

    ReplyDelete