Monday, June 8, 2009

Week 19 -- My Mother's Intuition ROCKS!

I've received several alarming reports of individuals repeatedly checking my blog for any news of the sex, but I think by now the phone tree and one well placed facebook status update have informed most people. If you hadn't yet heard, I'm growing a Mr! That's right, it's a boy! Here's the money shot:


I know what you're thinking. Um, I see a head, but what's all that other blobby junk? The ultrasounds don't scan so well. Here, I'll circle the important bits for you:



Here's my favorite shot of the day (out of about a dozen that we got to take home with us). It's of the bottom of his feet:
SO CUTE!

And I've got a whole new milestone that I've reached today. You might have noticed from the above, but I finally figured out how to crop and enlarge pics in irfanview so you can actually see something in these ultrasounds, even if it looks like big blobs.

I have to say, I had a feeling from early on that it was a boy. I never liked using "it" to refer to the baby, so I'd sometimes say "he" and sometimes "she." But saying "she" never felt right to me. I later started thinking it must be a girl because almost everyone I know having babies in the last couple of years had or is having a boy. I figured the universe was due for a girl. I guess not from us though. :)

This week, Bagel is the size of a large mango! I love mango. This gross stuff called vernix is now protecting Bagel from the amniotic fluid, so he doesn't turn into a giant prune in there.

Ok, I've gotta say something though, the info I'm reading says Bagel is about 8 ounces this week. But the technician says he's 11 ounces today. So maybe he's the size of a genetically altered humongous mango. The technician said that his weight indicates a due date of October 30th, rather than November 2nd. My "official" due date is still November 2nd, but I'm liking our chances for Halloween now. Pretty cool.

Finally, I'd just like to say how awesome it is to be able to say "he" and "him" rather than "it" or "s/he." It's just so much easier.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Congratulations! It's nice to finally know. :)

    Woohoo! Go October 28th! ;)

    And yes, mango is just about the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete