I'm finally starting to feel really pregnant. I get now why I'm supposed to be sleeping on my side, rather than my back. On my back, I get a bit breathless and just feel bad. Of course, I wake up every morning with ridiculously sore hips. Side sleeping sucks. I'm dealing with it by using a mountain of pillows that Rob has to push me over so that I can get up to use the bathroom. It's getting somewhat more difficult to bend over. Also, I went on a great bike ride yesterday, and for the first time, noticed a bunch of people staring at me. That was interesting.
You might think that people would be jumping up on the bus and metro to offer me a seat in the mornings. Not today! So on behalf of all the pregnant women out there, I'd like to offer a round of applause to all the jerks in this city who either purposely don't look up to see if someone needs their seat or stare straight at my belly and then look away. You're awesome. Glad you can live with yourself. Of course, when anyone does actually offer me their seat, usually I think it's so nice that they even offered that I'll refuse. I'm still pretty stable on my feet on the metro.
Rob and I went and registered this weekend, which was fun. We ended up getting a bunch of frog themed things. This was for obvious reasons on my part (I was a frog in my last life), but Rob was really loving the froggy stuff too. Don't ask me what my nursery theme is or my colors. I am not a colors or theme kind of person. Bagel's room is going to look like a lived in kid's room with a bunch of kid's stuff in it. That's all I can tell you. Well, that and we've decided not to repaint, so the walls will remain purple. We won't be in this house long enough to want to bother with repainting. We've decided to get new windows instead. Something the whole family can enjoy!
I've got devastating news for all of you: the weekly fruit and vegetable comparisons are no more. Well, at least on the site I was using regularly. I may be able to find other comparisons here and there each week, but The Bump has moved on to only monthly fruit/vegetable comparisons, rather than weekly. But anyway, this month, Bagel is the size of a papaya. I'm actually not a huge fan of papaya. I also found another site that says he's the length of a box of sugar. I love sugar! He can now hear sounds outside the womb. So Rob, stop making that buzzing noise on my belly to try to make him kick. Maybe you can just ask nicely instead. His facial features are pretty much set and he's able to grip things, including the umbilical cord. He also is growing hair, but it has no pigment yet, so it's all white. Perhaps like the occasional hairs I find on my own head.
Also, he is now kicking up a storm. I feel him kicking around in there a lot of the day. Much of it can't be felt from the outside, as he's usually kicking my bladder or some other random internal organ. Thanks Bagel!
Update: I meant to include in this post a paragraph about how pregnancy brain has truly set in but, ironically, I forgot. Pregnancy brain is no joke, people. The other night, I went down to the kitchen to do something and then stood there for 2 minutes trying to remember what I had come down for before going back upstairs and finally remembering. I was typing in my sister's email address yesterday and her married name popped up and I thought, "who the hell is that?" It's a real problem.
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay for froggies!
ReplyDeleteOh, no. Pregnancy brain? I don't think so. I hope you're not starting to have senior moments. If so, the end is near.
ReplyDelete