Guess what I just did? I took a NAP. That's definitely a new one for me. I am not a napper. But it was glorious. Apparently, Bagel was waiting until this week to make me sleepy because this week, Bagel has learned to yawn. Pretty cool.
This week, Bagel is the size of a sweet potato. I love sweet potatoes. Good as a side OR a dessert! Bagel spends his/her time yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking punching, sucking and swallowing. All that moving around has become quite evidence as I definitely felt some kicking today. I thought I felt some flutters before, but this was unmistakably kicking, though light. It was pretty awesome.
Another milestone is that I finally went maternity clothes shopping last weekend and wore them this week. Instead of feeling like I'm cutting my baby in half, I was oh so comfortable, and I got some decently cute stuff. Though I need more. Also, I did the belly band thing where I use a rubber band through the button hole to make my pants bigger and then fold this belly band thing over it.
All those maternity clothes are not only comfy, they also make me look pregnant. So pregnant, that I got my first stranger questions on Tuesday. In fact, I got three in one day! One guy in the elevator asked if I was expecting and I told him that was a dangerous question. People are apparently all about chatting you up when you look pregnant. I loved it on Tuesday, but I'm sure I'll get tired of it. Oh, well.
Monday is the big ultrasound! We can't wait.
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just wait until people start asking to feel your tummy. Hehe.
ReplyDeleteWhy a sweet potato and not a russet potato? They're about the same size, right? Though I would take a sweet potato over a russet, personally.
Is the big ultrasound the one where you'll find out the sex of the baby? FUN!!!
Yep, that's the ultrasound. I'll update as soon as I'm able. So you'll know whether it'll be Dayton or Sandrine. Phoebe or Phoebo.*
ReplyDeleteI dunno re the potato, maybe because Bagel is sweet? Sometimes both kinds of potatoes are normal potato size and sometimes they're HUGE. I'm guessing it's supposed to be the normal potato size.
I don't think it's the asking to feel my tummy that will bother me. It's the doing it WITHOUT asking that's annoying as hell.
* Note: NONE of these names are under consideration. Thanks, the Management.
I'm a little late on commenting, but I just had to give a shout out to the nap. Think of them as little presents to yourself. Once little Mr. Moore is here, you'll need to do those frequently throughout the day and night. Anyway, I'm glad your not hating on the nap anymore:)
ReplyDeleteUmmm...that was me who posted not anonymous. Whoops!
ReplyDelete