So many things to post about today! First, I had a doctor's appointment last week, which went very well. The doc didn't seem too concerned about my fall, with the happy results of my ultrasound in front of her. I asked her if I could keep running and she told me as long as I still felt comfortable and had no cramps or shortness of breath, I could continue without a problem, but that this wasn't the time to push myself. While pushing myself is just part of who I am, I have been very mindful of this and have already started to cut back a bit and do shorter runs with more and longer walk breaks.
We learned from the ultrasound that Bagel is breech right now. But the doctor says they usually don't flip over until a few weeks out from the due date, so we've got some time.
For the first time this appointment, the doc measured my belly with a tape measure. You're supposed to be approximately the same number of centimeters as you are weeks along, and I was a bit more than 2 cm small, so she told me I'm "measuring small." Given that I just had an ultrasound on the previous Saturday, she wasn't too concerned. She knew the amniotic fluid was good. But she was annoyed that the ultrasound I got didn't tell her how big baby was measuring. I don't think she was worried about it, just wished she had all the information in front of her. She said we'll probably do another ultrasound after my next appointment, just in case. That would be a month from now. I also read online that women with good muscle tone can tend to measure small anyway, so it could just be my abs of steel causing all this fuss. To be on the safe side, I'm downing the liquids like Chevy Chase in ¡Three Amigos!
I asked if I was gaining enough weight, and it looks like I'm on the low side of normal. The doc said I was doing "ok" and "could do a little better." So I've had a few cheeseburgers since last Wednesday. :)
Our next piece of news is that we put the crib together!
Ok, I put the crib together. As poor Rob stood in the doorway on Sunday, about to leave for several more hours of work, he said, "you know I would do that for you, but I think you'd be really upset." And I would be really upset! I love putting together furniture. It's like a puzzle! Now I know what you're thinking. How did she get her carpet so beautifully clean? I did that with our wonderful new vacuum, which I bought that morning. Ok, I know, not baby related, but I'm excited about it nonetheless.
And what's the Bagel up to this week? He's starting to produce white blood cells, so he can fight off infection, like cooties (it's an epidemic). He weighs about a pound and a half and is about eight and a half inches long. So I'm about to pass the point that I can mail him in a standard envelope for visits. He can hear our voices, which Rob is taking advantage of by putting his hand on my belly and saying, "baby, if you love me, kick your mommy." They're already ganging up on me.
I'll leave you with some belly shots, since you haven't had any in a while:
Oh that crib looks awesome! Bagel is going to be stylin' during his naps. ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad everything sounds like it's going well. You look totally skinny! Minus the belly, of course. Go eat more cheeseburgers! :D
Have a shake with that burger. Crib looks great--never was any doubt about who was putting it together.
ReplyDelete