But Portland has been great. I've had some wonderful seafood and even picked some fresh blackberries on a walking trail outside our hotel the other day. Reminded me of summers back home when we'd pick blackberries across the street. For weeks we'd have blackberries on our cereal. In pies. In tarts. In cobblers. Great, now I'm dying for some blackberry pie again. That would be the second time this pregnancy. Maybe I can find it somewhere to satisfy my craving this time.
Speaking of fruit, what size is Bagel this month? Apparently, he's the size of an eggplant. Ew. They just had to go there. I hate eggplant. So you don't have to picture a such nasty foodstuffs, I'll tell you he's about 2 pounds and measures more than 9 inches. This month, Bagel is soaking up my antibodies, getting his imune system ready to be INVINCIBLE (knock on wood). Bagel is also starting to have a distinct sleep/wake cycle. I haven't paid close enough attention to the exact times, but he does tend to be a lot more active about 10:30-11pm and then very early in the morning. I think he just does whatever he wants though. I was just out with my friend Amy, and he was just not interested in kicking when she had her hand on my belly. Punk.
His eyes are also starting to open! I hope it looks nice in there, Bagel. I read that if I shine a flashlight on my belly, he might kick in response. I may try this just to annoy him. His iris doesn't have much pigment yet, so it's too early to guess his eye color, though it's most likely to be brown given Mom and Dad's eye color.
I wish I had pictures or something awesome for you guys, but I'm not equipped for that out here in PDX. Maybe when I get back, I'll update with a picture of the bald eagle my parents and I saw on our river lunch cruise. That was awesome.
UPDATE: Here are some pics from the Portland trip. Better late than never!
Here's the bald eagle we saw. It was so cool. If you squint, you can see the white feathers on its head.
Mom and I were so excited, that we went crazy with some bloody marys. Ok, virgin bloody marys. They were good, but they really could've used some vodka.
I'm so jealous! Portland sounds awesome. I'm sorry you couldn't be there when it wasn't freakishly hot.
ReplyDeleteMan, now I want cobbler! I might have to make one this weekend...
You should totally try that flashlight thing. I wanna know if it works!
Dad needs to zoom out to get your belly in that pic! It's against his nature, I know. ;p
ReplyDeleteI did try the flashlight thing, btw. It did work a little. I probably woke him up. Oops.
ReplyDelete