I've started noticing that Bagel has a tickle spot. If I lightly rub my belly button, he'll start squirming around a bit. It's pretty cool. This is not an invitation to lift up my shirt and rub my belly button. Let's have some boundaries here, people. The other day, I was doing that, and this huge lump emerged to the right of my belly button. I've seen it again since then. I'm pretty sure that's either his head or his butt, I just can't tell which it is.
I had an interview appointment with a pediatrician today. For the most part, it went really well. They have separate sick and well waiting areas, an on call nurse 24/7, nurses available to answer phone questions at any time, 2-3 lactation consultants, about half their appointments are same day sick appointments, and they take both my and Rob's insurance. The only problem is the doctor was 20 minutes late for my appointment. The problem with that is that they close for lunch every day, and I was the first appointment after lunch. I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she took a few minutes to look at a last minute sick kid or two before she came and talked to me. The doc answered all my questions and seemed pretty cool, but I don't think I'll really know how I feel about the place until I walk in there with a baby. I think I'm going to stick with this place and see how it pans out.
You would not believe what size the baby is this month. He's the size of a squash! Seriously? First they give me eggplant and then squash? I hate squash! Except butternut and spaghetti. So let's pretend it's one of those. He weighs nearly three pounds this week and measures about 17 inches. This month, all five of his sense are fully functional, and his brain and nervous system are going through major developments. What are those major developments? The website I was reading didn't say. It's a mystery. According to another website, my amniotic fluid has reached its maximum amount -- about 2 pints. Drink up kid!
I've started doing kick counts this week. This means that twice a day, I have to count every movement Bagel makes until he hits ten, and that should take less than an hour. No problems here so far, except half the time when I remember to do them, he happens to be napping, so not a lot is going on and it takes a while. Other times, like this morning, I catch him during an active period, and it takes all of 5 minutes.
Who wants pictures? I had Rob take a few of me before I went over to the pool with Kate and Erik and Jeremy this weekend.
Of course, I couldn't just pose nicely, I had to play around like a doof. Kinda like this:
Whooooaaaa! What am I doing? And this:
Then I finally settled down and took a normal photo. You can't really tell how big my belly is though, because of the angle. Oh, well.


Colds in the middle of summer are the worst. Hope you feel better.
ReplyDeleteMaybe his weewee is developing, and they were just being discreet.
So what's the point of doing the kick counts? Just to make sure you're keeping tabs on him moving around? So you can detect any problems?
And also, your baby mooned you!!!
Yeah, if he doesn't move ten times in 2 hours, it could be a sign that he's in distress.
ReplyDelete