Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Week 27 -- Into the Home Stretch

I'm officially in my third trimester! Let's take a moment and savor that, shall we? I can see the finish line off in the distance.

I had all kinds of excitement with my doctor's appointment today. First, I'm no longer measuring small. I was 27 cm, exactly where I should be. Way to grow, Bagel! I also got my rhogam shot so Rob's Rh positive blood doesn't mess me up. Finally, I got my glucose test for gestational diabetes. I don't have my results yet, but I told my doctor I was really hungry (I had to fast for the test, so I didn't eat breakfast). She said that meant I probably didn't have it. Good news there. And I heard Bagel's heartbeat thump thumping away. He's hanging out on my right side today.

From now on, the doctor's appointments will be closer together. I've got one scheduled for three weeks from now, and then I'll have three more that are two weeks apart. Two appointments from now, I'll meet the other doctor in the practice who does deliveries.

Still in the eggplant month (yuck), this week Bagel is measuring in at over two pounds and about fifteen inches (this is because he's more fully formed, so he's now measured from head to toe, rather than from head to booty). He can suck his thumb now, and can also cry, though we can't hear him, of course. I'll enjoy that while I can. His hearing is getting better, and he might be able to recognize my voice and Rob's. Also, his taste buds are very developed now, and in fact, he has more taste buds now than he'll ever have once he's an outside baby. I'll have to make a concerted effort to get a wide variety of flavors in there for him.

I didn't even notice until it was pointed out to me that the name poll has closed! Thirty days was just way too long for that poll. But the winner is (drumroll please)....Diana Jr.! Thanks to all who voted. We will be considering our options, and Diana Jr. will now definitely be near the top of the list. There's something about the name that just sounds nice to me. I can't figure out why....

I know what you're thinking. "We were promised pictures! Where are the pictures?!" I finally took one! Here ya go:


Also, note that I updated last week's post with some pictures of my Portland trip. There! You are practically swimming in pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I don't know about you, but this pregnancy is going fast! 3 months left! Ahh! I have to start preparing to be an aunt! But yeah, that's really awesome. I'll be sure to talk to him when I'm there for the shower, so he'll know me as soon as possible! ;)

    ReplyDelete