Monday, August 31, 2009

Week 31 -- I'm 3/4 Done!

Ok, I was actually three quarters of the way done being pregnant last week, but I forgot to mention it. So happy belated 3/4 to me! Only 9 more weeks to go, and it feels like we still have so much to do. Perhaps because of this, I have been nesting like crazy. Last week, we got our new windows put in and I spent the weekend putting the blinds back up and cleaning like a mad woman. I went a little nuts with the 409. You could even lick our walls without fear of infection. Maybe I'll get some of that snozzberry wallpaper.

How do the windows look, you ask? Gor-GEOUS! I'm kind of sad that the blinds are back up, because all their glorious sparkle is all covered up now. They do all kinds of fancy things with tilting in and they slide up so beautifully.

As you are probably worrying that I will spend this entire post blabbering about my new windows and not about anything actually baby-related, I've decided it's time to make this waiting game a little interesting. That's right. It's time to place your bets. We're talking delivery date and time, weight, and length. There's even a spot to guess the gender (if you don't get that one right, you have some reading comprehension issues -- no offense). For the fewest points, there will be an overall winner and a winner in each category, with points assigned the further away you get from the correct guess. Got it?

Don't go putting your guesses in the comments now. I'm not going to be tabulating your wild guesses and stabs in the dark post partum. I've got a handy website to help me out! So go check it out here. I'll put a link up in the "Relevant Links" area of the blog, as well. These should take you right to the game. If you somehow end up at the home page, at the top left, there's a box for "Invited Guests." Just type the name of the game in the box and hit Go! The name of the game, you ask? Duh, silly. It's BAGEL. That will take you to the game. I've already entered a guess to get you all started. To enter your guess, just click on the "Enter a Guess" link at the top right. This may seem like a lot of unnecessary explanation but, quite frankly, some of you just aren't that smart. Don't worry, I don't mean you.

Now that I'm both willing this time to drag by so I can get more done and willing it to hurry up so I can meet this baby already, he's just taking his own time and cooking in there as he needs to. So what's he up to this week? He's a good 18 inches tall now* and weighs more than three pounds. The connections between his individual nerve cells are growing like crazy. He's doing things like hiccupping, swallowing, pedaling along my uterine wall, and maybe even sucking his thumb. Let's hope he doesn't get too attached to that....



* Um, I just started paying attention to this length thing on the WTEWYE website. 18 inches? Really? That could be the ending length altogether! This is clearly a rough estimate.

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally rooting for another October 28th bday. Let's see how many we can get! ;) No wild and crazy guesses so far, it looks like. This is fun!

    ReplyDelete