So I have news! Ok, not really. My news is that I went to the doctor today and she had me schedule my BIG ultrasound that's super specially detailed and we get to find out the sex! At week 19. So my news is that I have a set date for when I'll have some news. June 8th. We have to go to a radiology clinic for it, and it's downtown, so Rob should be able to give all those lame attorneys the slip and come see Bagel's nether region with me.
My doctor's visit went well. She didn't do an ultrasound this time, just listened to the heartbeat with the doppler. It was chugging along, whop, whop, whop, THUMP! The thump was apparently Bagel kicking me. S/he's gonna be a soccah playah! I can't feel the kicks yet, but I probably will in a few weeks.
My platelets were still low at last month's check up, although they were better than in March. So I got blood drawn again and we'll see the best out of three. It's obviously not a huge issue, or we wouldn't be waiting a month between each blood draw. I asked the doc if it might be because I was so sick in March and she said it's possible. I guess we'll see what happens at my next appointment, which is on June 10th. She also took some blood to test for spina bifida. She said she normally wouldn't even bother, but since they were sticking me anyway, we might as well. And the doc also said I'm right on track for my weight gain, so that made me feel good.
Drum roll please....
This week, Bagel is the size of a naval orange. We're into handheld fruits! This week, the legs are now longer than the arms, and the ears are properly positioned on the sides of the head (they used to be in the neck). The eyes are moving from the side of the head to the front of the face. Bagel may already be sucking his/her thumb, especially if it tastes like chocolate.
I feel great. Nausea is completely gone and, thanks to my prenatal yoga class, my sciatica is gone, as well. The only problem I'm really having is allergies, and that I can only blame on Mother Nature.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What happened to week 15?
ReplyDeleteHA! See how impatient I am? I'm subconciously skipping weeks. Sigh.
ReplyDelete