Saturday, May 30, 2009

Week 17 -- I Definitely FEEL Bigger!



But I don't look much bigger, do I? Please note that this is pre-dinner. After dinner, the belly was about twice this size. I keep feeling like my belly is getting so HUGE, and then everyone tells me, "but you're so tiny!" Our cleaning woman asked, "One month? Two?" She was shocked when I told her four. C'mon Bagel, grow!

Sorry for the late in the week posting, but I've had a lovely, and incredibly busy, week in Louisville. Everyone now knows all about Bagel. There were lots of smiles and hugs and "congratulations!" It's great to work for such supportive and caring people.

This week, Bagel is the size of an onion. It's because s/he's got so many layers. Parfaits also have layers, and who doesn't love a parfait? I have a very complex baby. Bagel's skeleton is hardening from cartilage into bone, and is putting on some fat, so s/he can be a cute little butterball. Bagel can now be startled by loud noises and his/her eyes can perceive some light. Bagel's fingerprints are now uniquely his/her own.

In other news, we bought our crib! It's crazy early, but it's only sold at Babies 'R Us and had been out of stock online and the manufacturer didn't even show the crib on its website, so I was worried they were discontinuing it. It was just about the only crib I found that wasn't either (a) a huge convertible or (b) a dropside. It's awesome. If you care, you can check it out here.

3 comments:

  1. Naw, you don't look much bigger, but you do look so pretty! :)

    You definitely don't look only a month pregnant. Maybe you cleaning woman was thinking of women who are on their second or third baby, since they tend to show a lot sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what Julie said. This baby's going to have a beautiful mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only looked all purtied up because I was at my friends' wedding.

    ReplyDelete