We've put up curtains in Bagel's room now. They're navy, which butches up the purple walls rather nicely. See?

Ok, that's a terrible picture. It's too sunny in there and no flash on the iPhone. Here's a linky.
I had a breastfeeding class at the hospital last night. I learned a lot and, most importantly, learned about the breastfeeding resources at Sibley like the lactation consultants and the cart that comes around and they can fit you for nursing bras. Now, if they can work a dessert cart into the rotation along with that, then I'm all set. Sadly, Rob couldn't make it as he's in La La land doing a deposition. But he'll be back in time for our intensive full day childbirth and childcare class this Sunday. Let's hope the cafeteria is actually open this time. That's right. I was in a 7 pm class full of pregnant chicks and the cafeteria was closed. Nice planning, Sibley.
Bagel is (air quotes) definitely head down! I had a doctor's appointment today with the other doctor who might deliver Bagel, and he said the little guy has made his way into a good position there. Much more helpful than his mother in that respect. I've thought for a few weeks now that he was head down, because when he gets the hiccups, I can feel it very low down. He has, however, flipped over from my left to my right side. So maybe what I thought was a knee the other day was actually his little hip. Of course, it's possible that all of this is wrong and despite the doctor saying he's head down, he's not head down, as certain people can attest to from past experience. Shout out to Jeremy, who surprised the L&D medical staff by attempting to come out tush first.
The appointment today was relatively boring. The doc muttered something about my platelets being fine and I think I heard him say 136, so I guess they haven't changed since last time really. He didn't take more blood this time. He said it would be normal if I was having 6-8 Braxton Hicks contractions a day at this point, though when I said I hadn't felt any, he said that was normal too. Though I have felt some intense pressure a few times, I thought that was just Bagel pressing somewhere uncomfy. Who knows.
What else is normal this week? Bagel should be about 4 pounds and about 19 inches long. Though at least one of you thinks he'll be shorter than that. He's just kinda doing more of the same at this point. Putting on some blubber and practicing his kicking, sucking and swallowing. This is our last week as a squash. Next week, we get to move up to honeydew. Much better!
Phew, this has been a long post. To reward you all for your patience, here's a belly shot:
No comments:
Post a Comment