Monday, October 12, 2009

Week 37 -- I'M FULL TERM!!!

My due date is still three weeks from today, but today I am "full term." That means if Bagel comes today, his lungs should be fully mature and he'll be able to adjust to being an outside baby with no issues. So, I'd better be ready for this kid.

I usually would wait to post until Wednesday, since I have doctor's appointment then, so I could update you. But I really just want to brag about all the stuff I've gotten done this weekend in anticipation of Bagel making his grand entrance. I might update later in the week with the doctor stuff.

All the stuff we need immediately for baby? Check! I went out this weekend and used my completion coupons and other coupons and went a little bit nuts. We've got sheets. We've got diapers and wipes. We've got burb cloths. We've got the changing pad and covers. We've got the pack 'n play. Wanna see?

I put it together myself! I figure Bagel and I will be kickin' it in the living room a lot when I'm on my maternity leave, since that's where I like to hang when I'm home. So I set it up there so I could use the changing table and maybe the bassinet if he'll just nap there. We now officially have no room for more baby stuff in the living room.

Nursery? Check. I put up the wall decals that we ordered. See?

HOW CUTE ARE THOSE? I also put together the bookshelf and loaded it up. We now officially also have no room for more baby stuff in his nursery. This could prove to be a problem. It's a little cramped in there. Let's just call it "cozy," shall we?

I've organized all his clothes and put them away. I've started packing the hospital bag (I really need to finish that). I'm working on finishing the border of his baby blanket. As I type, I'm making sure both cameras (reg and video) are charged up and ready to go. I've weeded the patio and cleaned up stray fall leaves. I've put things in the attic. I'm a prepping machine. So, kid? If you decide to come early, don't even think that you've got the drop on me. You don't. I. Am. Ready. For. You.

Well. I've got all the stuff for you, anyway. Whether I'm ready to go through labor and then bring a child home and be expected to actually care for it as its parent is another question entirely. Let's talk about that later, shall we?

How am I this week? I'm great. I just went for a long walk with a friend, so I'm still moving around with no problems. Aside from feeling like my belly skin is stretched to max capacity, I'm really feeling pretty good. Bagel is kicking around in there like a champ, and I'm really going to miss that once I serve him with his eviction papers. Plus, I love the hands-free carrying system that pregnancy entails.

Bagel's doing really well too, so far as I can tell. This week he is...drum roll please...a watermelon! His final fruit comparison! I'm so proud. And I love watermelon. I'll sprinkle a little salt on him when he comes out, since that's how Rob likes his watermelon. I also found a site that says he's about the length of a stalk of Swiss chard. Yum! I'm guessing that he's really packing on some poundage (on average, about half a pound a week), because I have finally started feeling really hungry. A lot. I wish it was manifesting itself in healthier meals, but I'm doing my best. Also, this week, he can now grasp with his fingers as his dexterity improves. N'awww!

I've been pretty stingy with the pictures lately, so you want one? Ok, here:



That was actually last week -- 36 weeks exactly -- on my birthday. Rob snapped a pic right before we went out for a lovely dinner.

Not enough for you? Fine, how about some video? That's right. VIDEO. We've been trying to get Bagel on camera doing his dance in my belly. He seems to be pretty camera shy, but we finally caught a bit of the action the other night. You can see his foot move down and to the left.

WARNING: this video contains the image of my huge, bare belly (don't worry, nothing else is bare). If you think this might cause you to want to gouge your eyes out, do not press play:


2 comments:

  1. I can't press play because of network limitations (I'm at work), but I'm sure it's lovely! :)

    Go girl! I have that cow/chicken/egg on a shirt, I'll have to wear it next time I visit so I can match the room. :p The nursery looks AWESOME! Seriously, you look set to go.

    I'm glad Bagel made it full term with no issues. Now it's time to vacate already! But please, not until the 28th. That's my date for the poll. ;)

    I am in awe of your getting-stuff-done-iness. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I knew it was Threadless and thought I had seen you in that shirt. You should wear it lots around Bagel. He'll love that you look familiar, like his room.

    Not quite ready to vacate. He's still got some growing to do. But I'm not really wanting him to go past the due date either.

    ReplyDelete