Monday, March 2, 2009

Week 5 -- Things Are Coming Along

I had my final blood test this morning, and everything is looking great. My hCG level is 4914, which is where it should be. It's supposed to double every other day, and four days ago, it was 1008. See? I can make multiplications! Pregnancy brain has not quite set in.

I am now 5 weeks along. This week, the kidlet's heart will form chambers and start beating. S/he looks like a tadpole, and is allegedly the size of a sesame seed. I'm assuming that, at some point, s/he will outgrow bagel toppings as the preferred comparable food substance.

I either have a cold, or my most major pregnancy symptom at present is congestion and non-stop sneezing. The latter is possible, from what I've read. So that's interesting, but at least a cold would go away at some point in the next couple of days. Le sigh.

2 comments:

  1. S/he looks like a tadpole? I think s/he gets that from Robert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait until you get into the produce comparisons. Visiting the supermarket will never be the same.

    ReplyDelete