Monday, March 9, 2009

Week 6 -- Houston, We Have a Heartbeat

We had our ultrasound this morning, which was our final visit at Shady Grove. Everything was great. The Bagel's* heartbeat was blip blipping at 123 beats per minute. I'm going to try to scan the picture and upload it later tonight. So if you check back, you may be able to see him/her.

The doctor said it measures about 6 weeks and 2 days, but those measurements can be off by a few days, and my calculation of 6 weeks exactly today is probably correct.

Today, the Bagel is about the size of an apple seed sweet pea (My bad, I was looking at the wrong week).


* Given the tendency to compare the baby's size to bagel toppings, my mom has dubbed him/her the Bagel. It's a tasty name. :)


UPDATE: Here's the ultrasound. Sorry for the crappy scan quality.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats! I hope you're able to upload the picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The bagel" is so generic. This week, let's call him/her Johnny Appleseed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but that implies gender. Plus, I like the Bagel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an adobe hut the Indians might once have lived in. Very cozy. Does s/he have a fire in there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that would explain the heartburn. A-O!

    Ok, I don't really have heartburn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, you have a little blob inside you!!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete